Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holiday Time is apon us

well i hope everyone had a great holiday. i sure did being with family is the best thing ever.
wanted to congratulate Jo Overton on winning the years clickin moms subscription. What a rockin prize. Since i love to meet new people and learn a little about them, i did a little Q&A with jo...

Q: How long have you been interested in photography?


I have been slowly upgrading my digital point and shoots as the years have gone by, and I decided I wanted a GOOD point and shoot. I did some research and came up with the Canon Powershot. I was surprised at the quality of the pictures, this was my first inkling that a good camera makes a difference with taking photos. This picture was a turning point for me.




This is the first time that I ever took a picture where it just took my breath away. And I loved it! I had not been able to justify buying a better camera, because I didn't think I had the "eye" or talent for photography. This picture convinced me that with a really good camera, i.e. a dslr, I could increase my level of ability with photography. I had the "eye" now I needed the skill set. I had some money come my way a year later and I ear marked a chunk of it for a Nikon D60, then a year later, I upgraded to a D90.


Q: Are you currently a pro or just loving taking pics?

A heavily invested amateur. I have just started taking pictures of people other than my own camera fodder. (My granddaughters!) I would love to get into it as a business, part time. I do not have the time to do it full time, but it is something I really enjoy!



Q: Tell us a little about yourself (if you have a blog or website and want to include it please do:), your interests, hobbies, etc?

www.tangled-me.blogspot.com

Wife of 29 years, mother to six, grandmother to five and and half. I have a degree in Social Work, but I am raising our youngest son who is quite disabled. He keeps me really busy. I love photography and needle felting. I am Native American, from a Lakota tribe in South Dakota. Because my family of origin lives on the reservation, I have a unique chance to photograph there and I do have a dream of someday having a photobook published with my vision and work from that perspective.


Q: What was your first thought when you found out that you won?


Whoo hooo! I have been drooling and debating with myself over getting a subscription. Now I can not worry about it for a whole year!

Q: What would you like to see here on Jen's Photomojo in the future?

More giveaways! Tutorials, free templates, actions, tips for posing people, lighting! ways to find my "voice" in photography, interviews with photographers. (Is that enough?)




we are going to follow up in a month or so to see how much she loves clickin moms - probably as much as i do! if you want to join jo and me on the forum please click on the banner below. There are many memeberships available for different cost. Worth every penny:)

clickin' Moms


so tuesday starts our grand opening month. going to be some great prizes for photographers and us who love to take pictures as well. so stay tuned:)
again i would like to perso nally thank everyone is tuning in. We have just begun so bear with me and i promise you wont be disappointed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swagbucks