Friday, November 6, 2009

FREEBIE FRIDAY - Textures/Patterns Part One

Hi, all..... here it is the first FREEBIE FRIDAY... I just wanted to say thank you for stopping in and visiting. I love making my own cards and storyboards! When I started out, I had $0 in my pocket so I began to search the vast internet for free textures and brushes to make this happen.

I found sooooo many generous people out there who have so kindly shared free textures and put them out there for all to use... I first found COFFEESHOP and I must say the site is awesome. She takes so much time to put out textures, storyboards, actions and so many other awesome resources for photographers. She also has tutorials on how to use the textures or make cards/storyboards. I found some really funky and fun textures on BEST DESIGN OPTIONS. I love love love the cherry blossom texture as you can tell from this blog. I also found some interesting patterns at Squidfingers. There is about 140 or so free ones to choose from - they have some neat damask-like patterns in there and some plaids too. I also LOVE Pixels and Icecream. I love the Mocha Damask and the Pretty in Pink patterns. If you are looking for more "organic" textures, the Texture Warehouse is definately for you. There are textures of stone, bark, brick, leaves, etc. Smash Apps showcases different artists who have created textures. There are really cool grunge and rust textures. So I gave you some great resources to get started. Start playing around and downloading the ones you love.

As always make sure that you have your Virus protection on and never download from a site you don't feel comfortable with. Also, please make sure to read each individual sites terms of condition, some will require you to give credit if you use for commercial. I always give credit, its the right thing to do.

So what do you do with all these textures? Check out this Tuesday for Tutorial Tuesday and we will check out some things you can do with these Freebies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swagbucks