Thursday, November 19, 2009

Why I Love Ikea

When I lived in philly, I had a happy place (which if you know me now it has been replaced by Target) where swedish meatballs are abundant and you can buy a chair for 19.99. A place where you can redo your home for a thousand dollars instead of tens of thousands. A place where you can buy cookware, appliances, paintings, swedish frozen food and plants all in one place. Where is this nirvana you ask? Well it is the big blue box - Ikea.

I decided to take a trip to my happy place and get some meatballs to make for my DH. I think I forgot just how much I love this place. It has been at least 3 years since I set foot on that concrete floor. While I was there I found an awesome blanket to use for newborn shoots. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is soooo worth $19.99 I heard about it on a forum that I am a member of and decided to buy one for myself:) I have a newborn shoot in a week. I am determined to work it into my maternity shoot this weekend. Just haven't figured out how yet! Pictures to follow.

 I also found a great down comforter in the as is section for $6.99 (normally $49.99) Click here to see the same one on the website. with nothing but a black mark. I'm taking the clorox bleach pen to it- my favorite tool at home next to the Tide Pen:) Its queen size. I like to use it under the newborn and the blanket I am using. I think it works a little better than a boppy. Plus it is sooooo warm for the little one. The shape of the boppy shows sometimes and I like the unrefined edge of the cushion and the way it makes them look like they are floating:) If I really need that support, I will put the boppy under the down comforter (which is under the blanket or whatever I am shooting on. I am still well below my $100 budget for props- by the way!

There are some awesome chairs if you have a studio and need that great fluffy chair you know that one that the young child sits on or the chair that the newborn in a swaddle lays on. There is a curtain system where you can hang backdrops and fabric and curtains that can double as backgrounds. I'll put the links below for all these items...

 Next week I will share my on location props and what I have for maternity, newborn and child props all on a budget stay tuned:) I spent less than $100 on  props.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swagbucks