Sunday, December 20, 2009

Computer Stuff and FREEBIE - PLEASE READ to save you some future time and hassle

Hi, all. Finally got my computer back!!! It was infested with Malware according to Office Depot. One thing that they told me is to Lay Off the toolbars. Apparently they say that it casues spyware. They also told me to never let a subscription to your Anti virus lapse (I didn't but there was two installed on my computer - double the protection?  Nope actually they counteracted each other and canceled some protection out). If you let it lapse there are viruses in your computer now, but the antivirus quarantines them but they sometimes stick around. If you let the AV lapse for even a day you are suseptible to Virus attack. Just thought I would pass this along!!!

Also make back up or RECOVERY disks. If I would have lost pictures I would have been devastated. I transfer all of my pictures personal and proofs to an external hard drive and back up with a CD as soon as I pull them off or make edits. It frees up space (If you shoot in RAW the files are HUGE) and also if your system would crash, you have back up.

Luckily, just lost a few non-essential programs.... CS3 and lightroom were saved.

FREEBIE ALERT!!!!

Today only Snapfish is offering a bunch of freebies for new customers. 50 free prints with an upload, Free photo stickers, Free Coasters, etc. If you sign up today, they will credit these. They will give you an expiration when you use them. To get them you must sign up today, you can use them all at a different time.

A "NEW" Customer means new email address/login:)

http://www.snapfish.com/ is the address

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swagbucks