Monday, December 21, 2009

Marketing Monday/New Years Resolutions - Plan of Attack for 2010

Since it is coming to the end of the year, I have decided to work on my marketing plan and new years resolutions for 2010. I want to be a little more aggressive with my marketing. I plan on "hitting the pavement" and participating in more events (like fairs/festivals) and hitting the mommy groups. As a photographer starting out, you must be vigilant and market every day. I take the TAOPAN workshop with Ana Brandt who is a GENIOUS marketing whiz and AMAZING Pregnancy and Newborn photographer. She had us do a 21 days of marketing challenge. I passed with flying colors and basically launched my business off of it actually:) It is possible to market every day. Whether it is to create material, call or email a moms group, go to a business card exchange or just talk to people in your daily routine. Tell them you are a photographer. Most people are fascinated by that. When I tell people that I am, a lot of them say - I love to take pictures or I always wanted to do that or how fun!

I also am planning my mini sessions and charitable giving for the year as well. Each month I would like to offer a unique mini session idea for my clients - Portraits in the Park, Valentines Day, etc. Maybe designate one weekend for those sessions - pack them in and rent a studio space to save time and travel (and post processing because the lighting would be the same)

I plan on giving away a couple sessions at varius charity events that are high profile in my area. For example, They have a MASSIVE basket bingo at our high school. Usually between 250 and 400 people come. Probably will do a display, sponsor a basket and donate a $50 off print order or Free mini session for that one. EXPOSURE is key. People like businesses who give back. Maybe someone there was just thinking - Wow its been years since a family portrait or maybe I could get that for my grankids as a present.... hmmmm . Any school charity/function is good especially if you are a portrait photographer.

I also plan to market to pre-schools and day cares in the area. At least 3 that I know of within a mile of my house do not do any type of portrait photography. Need to do A LOT more research on that one. I would like to offer something different. Like take the kids to the playground and do them that way. More lifestyle, less stuffy. We'll see. Just a dream for now!

I'll share with you my plan as soon as it is finished (the new year has really snuck up on me!)

As far as a personal note, I plan on working on being a better mom in the new year. Will be leaving where I have been working to stay home, blog, and continue to build my business part time (for now). Don't get me wrong - I love being a mommy and feel that I am a great mom but there is always room for improvement! I will have more patience and understanding. I will enjoy every minute. We will go on adventures.

I plan on taking better care of myself 2009 was a tough year - difficult pregnancy, emergency surgery, complications from the surgery, then my back injury it has taken a toll. I plan on getting out and active and trying to reduce my stress level.And just stay healthy!

I want to be less of a worryer.

I want to renew my faith as sometimes we get busy and don't leave time for that.

I am going to read books again and relax (from time to time hehe:)

I'd like to stick to my blogging schedule that I made:) and if Santa is good to me maybe I will get that HD Cam under the tree so I can do video tutorials:)



Well that is about it. I wish EVERYONE a happy holiday to you and your families!

1 comment:

Swagbucks